Why is my translation not showing on my website ? does it take time to appear?

I am translating the EN to RU but the sting I translated do not appear on the website, does it take time?

2 Likes

Hi @nataliemaliali ! Do you have any integration or app connected to the project?

1 Like

Hi Ira, no I have the website I made in webflow

1 Like

I just realized I have google maps is that a problem?

1 Like

Hi @nataliemaliali ,

So you use the Webflow integration to import your site’s content into the Crowdin project and then when the content is translated export the translations back through the integration to your site, right?

1 Like

Hi Roman ! Yes that’s correct, I followed all the steps but I don’t see the translation on my website

1 Like

I see the language switcher but no effect on the translation

1 Like

Hi @nataliemaliali,

As far as I understand you are on the Free plan for which the over-the-air-content-delivery option (used in Webflow integration to deliver translations) is not available, because air delivery is a paid option for us. So this option is only available for paid subscriptions

1 Like

Hi Roman I thought that you have a free tier with one free integration doesn’t webflow apply ?

1 Like

Hi Roman I thought that you have a free tier with one free integration doesn’t webflow apply ?

2 Likes

Dear @nataliemaliali ,

On the Free plan, you can really use one integration such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket where the over-the-air-content-delivery option is not used

The over-the-air-content-delivery option is used in Webflow or JS Proxy integrations and it is paid for us. Therefore, we cannot afford to make this option available on the Free plan

Hope for your understanding

1 Like

I have same issue: everything setup but transaltions not visible. I cannot upgrade to PRO plan, the button is grey (because I’m on the free 14 days trial). How am I supposed to be trial the over the air feature then?

1 Like

Hello @tomaswesterholm

From my side, I see that you’re on the Free Trial right now. I’ve added a couple of days so you have more time to test everything over and beyond.

The free trial is unlimited, and OTA is included in it for sure. Please not that it may take some time in order to deliver the translations (from 5 mins to few days even).

1 Like

Thank you, it was the content propagation delay… Though, now for some reason two languages (German and Spanish) are not translated while others are. They were edited earlier, before adding others.

https://tietoa-cc.webflow.io/?lng=de

2 Likes

Seems German translations are in place, at least I see the website in German :slight_smile:

About Spanish, did you used any mappings in the past? Tried with both “es” and “es-es” codes but can’t see Spanish. Can you double-check your configuration? If all languages “reached” the website, that it’s not the distribution or system issue.

1 Like

Yes I understand! But the plans and a tutorial I found are misleading because it doesn’t indicate this. The problem is this a small site for a startup businesses (Property developers) that has one or 2 projects going on right now. Per year the might have 2 additional projects, this means that they will be paying for the Pro plan for minor additions per year, it’s just too costly for a small business. If it was up to me I would invest, but I don’t think my client will. It is unfortunate because when the company eventually grows it will be essential since they work with Greek, Russian and English customers.

It clearly says in the description you can use the free tier for webflow

2 Likes

I would suggest a plan between the free and Pro plan For small websites. I would definitely use that. Thanks for taking time for this!

1 Like

Hi nataliemaliali

Thank you for your improvement suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:
I will definitely pass it on to our team for consideration

As a workaround, you can suspend the subscription when there is no need to use it and renew when you have new projects.

1 Like

Same problem for me. Seems like Crowdin is not an option any more. Our website will hardly ever need new translations

2 Likes

This is the definition of a bait and switch.

1. Nowhere is it stated that the Webflow integration is not supposed to work on a free plan (where it’s clearly stated that 2 integrations are included for free).
  2. The new free accounts are mislead to think everything’s working fine because of all the features being unlocked for the first free trials days.
  3. There’s literally no way of updating the translations once those are done, if not by paying at least 50$ for the month.

What’s crazy to me is that you are aware of this issue, and of the fact that a lot of your users interested in this functionality come from one particular YouTube tutorial, so you had all the means to publicly state under said video that this functionality does not work on free accounts - but you didn’t because you benefit from this lack of information.

“The over-the-air-content-delivery option is used in Webflow or JS Proxy integrations and it is paid for us. Therefore, we cannot afford to make this option available on the Free plan” is a very lame excuse, because if you can’t take the higher acquisition cost caused by a feature you’re marketing, simply don’t market it, and make it clear in the dashboard that the feature is unavailable for free users (right now the “publish now” button is clickable and a loader appears, therefore one expects it to be working and spends time checking all the possible causes of why the translation is not updating itself).

This is a scammy practice, I’ll never again consider your services for any future projects.

1 Like