Unity import loosing and shuffling strings!

Hi there! I have an issue with my project Ant Colony 2
After exporting it back to Unity it is not importing some of the strings. And others move from one table to another.

In searching for solution i recreated my project from scratch. This is what i did:

1. I created same languages in both - Unity and Crowdin (19 of them)
  2. I then exported my strings from Unity using Tools>Crowdin>Push string to Crowdin
  3. I had some translations in my project so i pushed them as well using Tools>Crowdin>Push string translations to Crowdin
  4. Inside Crowidn i edited files Resources panel.csv and Rate us panel.csv

Then i tried to import it back and there i got all of the issues.
I tried importing using unity>toolts>pull; i tried “build and download” in Crowdin and manually importing string into Unity; i tried all of the export settings combinations in the Crowdin.

Every time i get same result:
Screenshots on Google Drive

We use Unity 2021.3.18f1 version, 0.2.0 Crowdin package version.
Windows 11, Google Chrome.

Please help! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hello, have you checked those guidance? Maybe you forget to add some configuration

From the dashboard you’ve shared, you have only Russian and Czech languages to be significantly done, but Czech is 87%, and from 1st screenshot they are translated, maybe the 2nd screenshot contains those Czech that are that missing 13% progress?

1 Like

I’ve checked the guidelines, they don’t help when it comes to a bug.

My screenshots show how fully translated to 5 languages panel looses 50% of translation
And on second screen - in half of my tables there are extra strings

I have 30 panels translated in total. About 20 of them are broken in first or second way i’ve showed.

1 Like

Hello @PixelCells I’d like to help you solve this issue. Can you confirm if you have the localization package installed?

Also, would it be possible for you to download the translations into .zip to check if tabs are mixed not only in Unity importer but with default Crowdin exporter as well (translations → download as zip)?

1 Like

Also, it would be extremely helpful if you can share the full record of your steps, from the very beginning, in all details you can remember along with the test project in Unity, so I can use it to re-create your issue. Having a test project on hand would speed up my investigation for sure.

You can message me directly if you wish so.

1 Like

Hi there!

Can you confirm if you have the localization package installed?

I confirm, we use Unity 2021.3.18f1 version, 0.2.0 Crowdin package version.

Also, would it be possible for you to download the translations into .zip to check if tabs are mixed not only in Unity importer but with default Crowdin exporter as well (translations → download as zip)?

Its mixed only in Unity. All types of exports from Crowdin are correct. I’m also showing it at the end of video i’ve recorded for you

it would be extremely helpful if you can share the full record of your steps, from the very beginning

I did 2 videos:

1. Set up in Unity and Crowdin
  2. Step by step pushing strings, pushing translations, making changes in Crowdin and pulling back.
    Its available by the same link on Google Drive: Issue - Google Drive

I only missed the part where it needs to be test project… :smiley: But i hope my recording also helps!

If you still need me to do so - ask in the next message!

Thanks in advance, Eugene.

2 Likes

Hello @PixelCells

Thanks for providing those details. Would you be able to share the test project with me as well? I mean, a test project in Unity, so I can use it, run it, connect with Crowdin, and reproduce your case?

I’ve uploaded test project to the same Google Drive link as i mentioned above!

It only contains:
Unity localization (with all of our strings)
Crowdin plugin

I made a test and received the same issue on this test project as in our main

Sorry, what happened to the post… why is it marked SPAM?

It was the system’s built-in spam protection, I already changed it.

Will check your Google Drive link, thanks for an answer!

Hi there! Have you had time to check the problem?
Our release is close, we need to know if its possible for us to stay on Crowdin

Hi there! Have you had time to check the problem?
Our release is close, we need to know if its possible for us to stay on Crowdin

Hello there, we’ve released new version 0.2.1 just about 30 minutes ago, please try it.

Here is what i did:

1. I updated Unity plugin to 0.2.1
  2. Removed strings from Crowdin
  3. Exported strings to Crowdin
  4. Exported strings translations to Crowdin
  5. Changed couple of strings as i did in shared before video
  6. Imported translation

All problems stayed.

• Plugin still spawns extra strings from translations
  • Plugin still imports only 70% of the translations
  • Plugin still duplicates translations from one language into another (chooses random one)

I’ve uploaded new screens to the same link above
Please make me attach pictures to post. It can speed up our dialogue.

Hmm, interesting. I need to double-check everything from my side. Will update you once my investigation is done.

Hello @PixelCells

Checked once more from my side, and it seems there are some contraversions between your table with translations and our system.

I recreated your environment in my project, I tried to remove your translation from the table or just edit and I got new translations to other languages from Crowdin.

So, most likely, there’s something with that tables, but checking all of them to confirm this assumption, or writing a script for an automated check would require a lot of time.

There should also be a new version of the Unity localization package, released recently, have you updated it? You can try (test on 1 string) to delete existing translations and download new ones made from scratch in Crowdin.

Or use our pre-translation option to fulfill needed suggestions.

Hi there! Yes, we did updated to the new version.
I tried to just import translations from the crowdin. It did nothing.

If i manually build stings and then open csv file - i see this situation:
Our game include 19 languages, but there are 20 languages in the string. Two times EN
"Key","en","fr","es-ES","be","cs","de","fi","it","ja","ko","nl","pl","pt-PT","ru","tr","uk","zh-CN","en","vi","id"
Can it be the main problem?

Hello @PixelCells

Hard to say. About a week ago we released a new version of the plugin, you’re using it?

If you remove the doubled language, does it change the behavior?

In a sandbox or in a test project (6 languages) I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue.

I’m now staying on 0.2.2 version. Its the latest that Unity offers me.
If i remove last “en” its does nothing.

Other thing i see is - in .CSV file some languages are named differently. For example export from Crowdin names Spanish as “es-ES”. But in Unity its automatically named as “es”. Same with portugeese.

PS: If you want to help with our issue - we can have a Discord call. I speak fluent Russian. Perhaps, it can speed up the process
My Discord: Legosky#0007

Unfortunately, I don’t speak Russian, so Discord call wouldn’t help in this case.

I’ll continue my investigation using the data you’ve already provided me with. In case I’ll have some news or additional questions I’ll contact you.