Unity import loosing and shuffling strings!

Aha, sorry, name Dima messed me :smile:. But i can still speak English, np.
How can i participate? From my side i did all tests that i came with.

My main ideas are - that doubled English is the main problem. I see in Crowid that i can translate strings to English from English. Maybe its the problem we are looking for.

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

I have a few assumptions at the moment, but I need to discuss them additionally with our development team.

If they agree that one of them may be the key to the problem, and our test confirms it, I’ll ask you to run a similar one from your side.

1 Like

Good. I run more personal tests and will check forum daily for your updates

1 Like

Hey @Dima @PixelCells

I also tried Unity today, I participate in a sandbox project for online courses, and the project was without any translation made yet, totally empty of them, and all worked fine. I used Crowdin machine translation for French, all seems to be imported.

Maybe it’s a bug because of your outdated Unity versions? Mine was created yesterday, and transalation were done about 3 hours ago. I hope my test work can asist you both guys!

2 Likes

Hi there! Dima also tested 6 languages and it worked. But we have them 20. And about 50 tables with 1700 words in total. And when it gets massive - it breaks. We use 2021.3.18f1, which is one of main supported versions for now.

Is there a way - you can make a test, adding any 20 languages and see what it makes on your project?

Hello @PixelCells, thx for reply

Just did a test with all languages from the screenshot (except Norwegian BokmĂ„l, Portuguese Brazil and Chinese) and all worked fine, all with 2 letter translation code (de, fr, es,
). But in mine it’s 4 tables only.

Have you tried with less tables? like splitting your Unity into 3+ parts?

Or, as @Dima said before, maybe it’s an issue with your existing translation.

I guess it’s or language codes, or existing tables, or plurals, or just amount of content. Maybe Unity can’t work with one of the or with all of them.

@Dima what happened with this issue?
We are experiencing similar issues on our project and would like to know if there was ever found a solution

Hi @JacobFunday !

Let us please check the status with our team. We will update you once we have any news.

Let’s keep in touch!

@Tania_Zozulenko
thanks
as i said we have the same sort of issue
we download from the unity plugin and the plugins says everything is downloaded but nothing gets updated in the tables

whether its related or not we dont know, but we get scrambled translations and missing ones, where chinese is suddenly in spanish, and english is in french , but no all of it so its very strange

it seems to work if we manually export as XLIFF as individual files but that would be like 120+ files to update which wont work for testing and releasing

the project has 6 tables to update and around 4500 words with 19 languages

we did the initial setup in october, and have continued this year and have updated both unity localization and crowdin plugin to the latest versions

Dear @JacobFunday !

Thank you for providing the details of the issue you’re experiencing with the Unity plugin and Crowdin.

To assist you further, could you please confirm the following:

• Have you checked the configuration of the language mapping in Unity to ensure each language is correctly linked to its respective translations?
  • Are there any specific error messages that appear when you attempt to download the translations using the plugin?
  • Could you provide screenshots of the issue, particularly where the translations are scrambled or missing?

Once we have this information, we’ll be better equipped to diagnose the problem and find a solution for you.

@Tania_Zozulenko

Yes, we did and even removed spanish modern because unity does not support es-EM by default

no error messages at all, it just says the 10k translations or so were downloaded correctly but when we go to check the tables aren’t updated

we have also tried downloading tables one at a time to no avail

Here is a list of the languages in unity

Hi @FundayLator ,

Thank you for the details! Checking everything internally (37511), and we’ll get back to you with an update.

Hello @FundayLator

I have doubts, it looks like your problem and the one that was reported previously are not the same and have different origins.

Is there a chance you can confirm you’re using the latest plugin version, 0.5.0? It was released just a few days ago, so in case you haven’t updated yet, please take your time and upgrade the plugin version.

If this does not help, we need a step-by-step reproduction list of your actions and issues you’ve experienced on the road. A test project will be appreciated as well because we haven’t been able to reproduce this in our test environment.

I also emailed you so you can share those details privately if you wish.

Yes, we made sure to update and have updated unity localization as well

Hi @JacobFunday !

Thank you for letting us know!