Difficulties setting up Crowdsourcing

I’m trying to setup the crowdsourcing feature and am not finding the mentioned pages here Crowdsourcing | Crowdin Documentation and here Workflow Overview | Crowdin Documentation.

Any ideas how I can add the crowdsourcing functionality?

Hi @dtrapp,

As far as I know, you are using the regular Crowdin version and there really are no project workflows and, accordingly, Crowdsourcing feature. This feature is on our Crowdin Enterprise version

There are Crowdin KB and Enterprise KB sections in our Knowledge Base and you’ve gone to that section regarding our other platform

In the regular Crowdin version, your project just needs to be public and in Project Settings > General > add a Public description of the project

Hey Roman,

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Just to be sure I understand correctly, in order to enable Crowdsourcing functionality for for our project, I just need to add a Public description? And then how does it work for volunteers to add a new languages?

The resources for set up and management of Crowdsourcing for a project seem very limited, especially when compared to the entire page available for Intro for Volunteer Translators. If additional resources exist, could you share them? If they don’t exist, I think it would be greatly appreciated if they did.

Hi there!

To enable Crowdsourcing for your project, indeed, adding a Public description is a necessary step. Once that’s done, volunteers can contribute by selecting your project and adding translations. For adding new languages, volunteers can request them directly within the project, and you can approve these requests as needed.

If you wish to have a more advanced Crowdsooursing experience, we strongly recommend trying the Crowdin Enterprise version, as it has a dedicated workflow step.

While we strive to provide comprehensive resources, we understand there may be a need for more detailed guides on managing Crowdsourcing projects. Your feedback is valuable, and we’ll consider enhancing our documentation to better support project managers like yourself.

In the meantime, if you have specific questions or need further assistance with setting up and managing Crowdsourcing, please let us know, and we’ll be happy to help.

Hey Dima,

Thanks for the rapid response and additional explanation.

One more thing I would recommend (hopefully it already exists and I just didn’t find it) would be a shareable public link for our public project. We already have a great community that we would like to invite to support our translation efforts and having a link which I could share on our social media would be great.

You can use the existing Public project URL to invite your community to participate in the translation efforts. Share this link on your social media platforms to allow easy access for your community members.

1 Like