Some ICU Message Format strings have no highlighting

I noticed that the Crowdin Editor doesn’t highlight all ICU Message Format strings. Is it a length restriction? For example, the following looks like a regular string in the editor:

{ HAS_UNREAD_AND_NEW, select,
  true {
    { UNREAD, plural,
         =0 {}
        one { There is <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/unread'># unread</a> }
      other { There are <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/unread'># unread</a> }
    }
    { NEW, plural,
         =0 {}
        one { and <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/new'># new</a> message remaining, or browse other <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages'>personal messages</a> }
      other { and <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/new'># new</a> messages remaining, or browse other <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages'>personal messages</a> }
    }
  }
  false {
    { UNREAD, plural,
         =0 {}
        one { There is <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/unread'># unread</a> message remaining, or browse other <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages'>personal messages</a> }
      other { There are <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/unread'># unread</a> messages remaining, or browse other <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages'>personal messages</a> }
    }
    { NEW, plural,
         =0 {}
        one { There is <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/new'># new</a> message remaining, or browse other <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages'>personal messages</a> }
      other { There are <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages/new'># new</a> messages remaining, or browse other <a href='{basePath}/u/{username}/messages'>personal messages</a> }
    }
  }
  other {}
}

Here’s a screenshot:

It would be nice if the highlighting works for complex Message Format strings.

1 Like

Hello @gerhard been a while since I hear you last time, hope you’re doing great :slight_smile:
Can you share the link to that string with me? A direct message would be just fine. I’d like to check this.

1 Like

Here’s a link to a string that doesn’t work: Crowdin

And here’s a link to a similar string that works: Crowdin

Also, you will notice that the second string highlights the {groupLink} variable differently in various places.

2 Likes

Hello Gerhard, hope you’re doing great. Following up here, can you share with me some file samples so I can run few tests from my side? You can message me directly.

2 Likes