Skip downloading files without translations

I am downloading all translations for my Android project with the following command:

crowdin download -v -i PROJECT_ID -T TOKEN

This downloads a strings.xml file for each language which is configured in the Crowdin website UI. Some of these languages have received translation while others have 0 progress.

Feature request

• It would be great if you could add a configuration option to skip downloading all languages which have not been translated yet.
  • I imagine the option could be named --skip-zero-translated-files to clearly distinguish it from the --skip-untranslated-files option.
  • Further, it must be valid to combine the new option with other options like --skip_untranslated_strings.

Related

2 Likes

Hi there!

I’ve passed your request to our developers to make some improvements

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can try to use this command
After you get the languages’ progress, you can download all with 100%

Let me know if you need further assistance!

2 Likes

Thank you for forwarding the request and pointing me to the API. I hope the proposed option becomes part of the CLI tool. It would be very convenient.

2 Likes

Hi there!

Yes, the improvement task is created for the CLI tool, the proposed workaround is just the API
Sorry for the confusion :pray:

2 Likes

Hi there!

Got the answer from our devs that we already have a command for CLI to see the translations progress, so you can decide whether to download the files or not

2 Likes

I see. Thank you for reaching out to the team.

From a user perspective it would still be convenient to let the Crowdin backend do the check for every single language instead of iterating them on the client and doing multiple requests.

2 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for the request, I will also pass this to our devs to consider, and will update you as soon as we have the answer

Meanwhile, have a nice day!

3 Likes