Sharing Translation Memory?

Is it possible to share or make my TM of a specific Project puplic or share it with another project.

I’m hosting a modding project and from the same game there is a vanilla project and I would like to share vanilla TM with my mod and vise versa.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @NiclAss it’s possible only if you’re the owner of both projects. In this case use “shared TM” option in Resources → TM.

If owner is another person, regardless of project visibility type TM can’t be shared. As a result, you’ll need to ask this person to share the TM with you manually let’s say once per week, and so you will share yours TM with this person by email or so.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast response.

Yeah I know about the TM sharing in my own projects but I thought maybe there was a way for other projects

Well. Maybe something for the future.

Sharing manually is quite the pain maybe I can figure something out with the api

1 Like

Well. Maybe something for the future.

We don’t have such plans as far as TM is intellectual property. I know that some teams have a stand-alone repository with translations, you can ask the original owner to invite you as admin so you would be able to manage both modification and the original game version.

2 Likes