Remove dashes from target files?

Downloaded language files seem to start with three hyphens/dashes (“—”) on the first line, despite the source file not having any. The remainder of the file contents look fine. Is there a way to disable those starting hyphens?

1 Like

It’s inside the file? If so, then it’s Crowdin’s re-build of the file. System makes it up to standards, so all other tools would accept that file with no issue. You can either accept this, or just remove outside of platfrom.

It shoudnt break anything I suppose, will be fine just to accept this commit once so yours files become similar.

1 Like

Yes, it’s inside every built file on the first line. It becomes a problem later on when trying to load a file programmatically. Is there really no way to disable this “standard” behavior?

1 Like

Share some samples of what you have as a source, and what you receive as a translation file. Probably looking more carefully can help to find the reason, but I agree with @Petros_Kastello that Crowdin standardise the formats on the export, and this new line shouldn’t break any code or files, just 1 time accept the diff in Github.

Anyway, I’d like to see 'em if possible (some test samples)

1 Like

Source:

COMMAND_LIST: "list"

Translation:

---
COMMAND_LIST: "list"

I’m restricted to using another library’s YAML configuration loader, where the dashes seemed to cause an exception.

1 Like

I can confirm it’s default file rebuild due to common standards. If you can’t accept this commit, probably there’s a need to deal with the file after translation is receive. Switch to API or Git Actions.

I’ve there’s a possibility to change the exporter with Bundles, but I doesn’t think it’ll work for you. Maybe some custom export option to be developed, but all custom options are considered to be a paid add-ons so it should be easier to change file after downloading.

1 Like