Proofreading UI is painfully slow

I have a project with approximately 4k source strings. In proofreading mode, the first page is ok-ish but moving page by page slows down everything. On page 10, my computer has 100% CPU usage just from Crowdin. Every single click took several seconds to do something.

Reloading the page in the browser and forwarding it to page 10 (unfortunately, the current page is not part of the URL in proofreading mode) resolves the problem for a while until the next few pages.

Am I doing something wrong?

(browser Chrome 119)

Hello @j123b567 ,

Thank you for reaching out and detailing the issue you’re experiencing with Crowdin in proofreading mode. It seems like you’ve encountered a performance bottleneck, particularly when navigating through multiple pages.

To address this, please try the following steps:

1. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies to ensure there’s no stored data contributing to the slowdown.
  2. Test Crowdin in an Incognito window to rule out any interference from browser extensions.
  3. If possible, try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

If after these steps the problem continues, it would be helpful if you could record a short video demonstrating the slowdown as you move through the pages and contact us via support@crowdin.com. This will aid us in pinpointing the exact cause of the issue.

You can also check your internet connection speed using the following app to ensure that the problem is not related to your local network:

Thank you for the suggestion. Tried in the anonymous mode without extensions and it is still slowing down but it is not so bad.

• first page - latency to check the checkbox: milliseconds, constant CPU usage of the browser tab with crowdin: 5%
  • 10th page (after proofreading work - approving, editing, …) - latency: 1s, CPU 17%
  • 10th page with browser plugins - latency 5s, CPU 100%

I will try to investigate the problem further but it is probably not a problem (only) of crowdin and with some extension, the problem is more pronounced. Such a setup is probably and understandably beyond your interest.

Hi @j123b567 ,

Thank you for the detailed feedback and for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue. It seems you’ve identified that browser plugins significantly affect the performance on Crowdin. While some extensions can indeed slow down the system, it’s good to hear that the performance improves in anonymous mode.

As you continue to investigate, keep in mind that high CPU usage can also be caused by other factors on your PC. If the issue persists, you might want to monitor your system’s resource usage more closely or try using a different device to see if there’s any improvement.

If you have any further insights or require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Wish you a nice day!:slightly_smiling_face: