Need recommendations about MT

Hi all, we think about giving our team a chance to take a short break, so decided to try Machine Engine pre translations in order not to leave our external proofreaders without any duties.

Have anyone tried them so far? Which one is the best and why?

1 Like

Well, it’s a quite complicated question :slight_smile:

I’d advise you to take a detailed look at the language pairs Engines to work with. Perhaps some languages you need the most aren’t supported by the Engine you’re considering going ahead with. Like rare dialects or so.

Secondly, the pricing of Engine subscription may vary, not even in terms of price itself, but in terms of logic, this price is calculated. For example, some of them offer cost per word, some others cost per string or sentence, and some per day/month. Also, free accounts or at least free trial versions are supported only by a few of them.

If you work mostly with popular language pairs, I’ll suggest you give ours, Crowdin Machine Translation a try. It’s totally free of charge and provides you with really high-quality suggestions.

1 Like

Hi there!

As Dima mentioned, choosing the best MT engine can be a complex process, as there are many factors to consider. It’s important to keep in mind that this decision is quite subjective, and what may be the best option for you may not be the best for others.

To help you choose the best MT engine for your needs, you can consider a few factors:

• Language and locale support
  • Domain support: Some MT engines may be better suited for certain domains, such as legal or medical, so consider the specific needs of your content.
  • Formality support
  • Glossary support
  • Price
  • Data privacy: If data privacy is a concern, make sure the MT engine has appropriate measures in place to protect your data.
  • Latency: Consider the time it takes for the translation to be returned, especially if you need translations in real-time.

If you would like to see a list of popular MT APIs and their language and customization support, I recommend visiting my website, Machine Translate ORG.

I hope this information is helpful!

2 Likes

Hello, @cyalangozian, and thanks for specifying all those factors. I guess @JoseMariaDeVeer and other users will consider them to be very useful.

@JoseMariaDeVeer we support most popular engines just out-of-the-box, so you can run Manual or Automated pre-translation once you add the access key, but in case you wish to add another one, you can do this by using Custom MT application.

1 Like

I use crowdin in-build native engine, works very well for most language pairs :smile: Discover the right solution to enhance Crowdin experience

1 Like