Multi-language import of language via JSON data format

Hi, I’m new here, it’s a really good platform, but I cannot understand how to import a JSON file that have all the locales on translations in this format:

{
	"en": {
		"string": "String"
	},
	"it": {
		"string": "Riga"
	}
}

I’ve already tried importing the file as is, but nothing, I tried exporting each language in different directories also, but still, it’ll count as an english translation, can someone explain how?
There is no upload option on the Source and Translations tab…

Hello @NeleB54Gold

Crowdin supports all major localization file formats:

May I wonder what i18n library or system produced your multilingual JSON? Perhaps you have generated it from CSV?

For any file formats not supported by Crowdin, we offer the ability to develop a custom file format:

Alternatively, I can recommend splitting languages into multiple JSON files. The best solution here would be making small refactoring in your file so that each language has one JSON file with keys and translations into this language.

I’m using my own translation system for simple Telegram Bots, I always used the only two-letter ISO 639-1 from Telegram, and then save only the language of the user, so I don’t save the region.

So can you tell me how I have to divide the languages?
I already tried this in zip:

/en/translations.json
/it/translations.json

In each file there is a JSON Array of “StringName” → “Plain text translated”;
But it results in 2 different translation files, with english as main language, I just want a unique english file and then import the other files as “translations” and not as a new file or source to be translated.

Second try
I tried by uploading only the English file and it’s ok.
I want to translate it now, but WHY are the JSON format not supported on “Upload Project Translations”, if you just support them for the source file?

Third and last try!
Okay, so I only uploaded the English version as a Source and then I had to go on Translations and “Upload existing translations”, it was so easy.

Hi @NeleB54Gold,

Yes, you are right. It’s necessary to divide the file into several files per each language. After that, the source file (with English values) needs to be uploaded in the Sources tab, while the translations can be uploaded in the Translations or Dashboard tab.

You are also welcome to check out some useful articles on the matter:

In case some additional questions arise, feel free to let us know :slight_smile: