Localization with parameter breaks on export

Hi, I added this localization to my source.xml:
Key: form_validation_min_length
Default: “Must at least be %1$@ characters long.”

I am using the Apple Strings Catalog Exporter for a target file bundle to download the localizations as a StringCatalog.xcstrings file. There are only 2 config options for this exporter, without any change for my export.

When downloading the catalog, all appearences of “%” are doubled to “%%”, but now Xcode (Developing Software for iOS) isn’t capable to identify parameter insertions any more because for example “%1$@” now is “%%1$@”, I would like to avoid configuring custom param identifications, since I didn’t add them to the export configurations anyway.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It seems like the issue is with the export process where “%” characters are being doubled. I understand how this can disrupt your workflow in Xcode.

To address this, could you please share the source.xml file you are working with? This will allow us to replicate the issue on our end and provide a more accurate solution.

In the meantime, you may want to review the parser configuration options for your project, as they can sometimes influence the export format. Here are articles that might be helpful: