Link underline cuts after the first line in visual preview

So this is the scenario I’m facing:

When I’m adding more words to the first string the beginning of the link is being pushed to the second line and more words are now missing the underline:
![image|690x140](upload ://rxHTJms9saZOUD7GaokTUjPG9BR.png)

Minimizing the first string looks like this:
![image|690x136](upload ://5EJidGnJQltNMm9mwz9HsSvefjg.png)

It’s the string that reads Link to the wiki page too! (The exclamation mark is at the beginning due to RTL).

Thanks (if you can please remove the space between upload and : the images will appear, apparently I’m a noob here and I’m not allowed to post more than 1 embedded image).

1 Like

Probably a limitation due to UI. Do you overreached “max translation length” character count? Possibly this breaks the look of translated previuw.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case, it’s a simple visual glitch related to whether the link is in a single or multiple lines, would it be easier if I share the link to this string?

1 Like

If it’s a public available project with not credentials or secret data it would be helpful to have the link to that string in editor, I’d like to see it and check by myself as well.

If not and project contains some secret data, probably it would be better to message directly @Dima , he helped me once in private conversation, very nice and friendly.

2 Likes

https://crowdin.com/translate/openfoodfacts/2598/en-he#204528
This is the term before the underlined text.

https://crowdin.com/translate/openfoodfacts/2598/en-he#204530
This is the term itself.

1 Like

With RTL languages sometimes that happens, can’t be handled technically in all cases as far as I know. Should be way faster to fix it already on the export from Crowdin (in GitHub or in Visual Code) then wait for some fixes that might come in months (hard to predict all cases and needed system behavior).

1 Like

Indeed, well it shouldn’t affect the outcome, it’s only the preview.

When I’m adding more words to the first string the beginning of the link is being pushed to the second line and more words are now missing the underline:

These are the missing images.

It’s the point of RTL - LTR language behavior. I also guess it can’t be easily fixed otherwise it already works as you expect. Just fix on the export it case it affects it, if it’s only the preview - not the biggest issue, just pass it.

I can ignore many issues, that doesn’t mean it’s OK, it’s still a bug.

Hello, @Yaron hope you’re doing just great :slight_smile:

I would like to investigate this case, but I’m afraid the links you’ve shared wouldn’t be enough (just in case they might be removed with a file update or translation being changed).

Probably, you might have a chance to make a screen record that describes this case? If possible, with voice comments. You can share it with me via private message if you wish.

So this is the scenario I’m facing:

It’s the string that reads Link to the wiki page too! (The exclamation mark is at the beginning due to RTL).

Thanks.

This is the whole message.

I’ll explain how to recreate:

• Create a resource that allows preview (Restructured Text or whatever).
  • Add a simple string to it.
  • Add another string with a link after the first one.
  • Change the length of the first string so that the contents of the linked string will wrap to the next line.

It should look something like:

• String 1 - Whatever.
  • String 2 - <‎a href=“#”>Some long text inside a link so it might as well wrap to the next line<‎/a>.
  • Modifying the translation of string one should push the second string and create new lines when necessary.

Thanks.

Hello Yaron,

Thanks for the details, I will review them from my side.

Hello @Yaron

I’ve checked from my side, and it’s our default behavior with RTL languages:

Moreover, weblinks will break in Editor’s view even in LTR language pairs because this tag is portable.

As this doesn’t affect exported files and is very common due to LTR <> RTL difference, this topic can be closed.

1 Like