How to stop Crowdin from searching past versions of translation?

How do I make Crowdin search just from the currently active translations?

If I’m trying to get rid of a word for example, it seem I ALWAYS would get ALL the cases where the word has ever appeared? What am I missing?

Hi @JaakkoKoivula ! this translation is shown since it is one of the string’s translations (in your case string has 2 translations (one of those is approved)

Ok, how do you suggest this should be handled then? Can the manager of the project remove unnecessary extra translations to stop them from being found in the search?

In which situations do multiple translations get created for a string? If I update a translation as a proofreader, will it normally overwrite the old translation or create a new one? Is there some help documentation to read about this?

Hi JaakkoKoivula,

Can the manager of the project remove unnecessary extra translations to stop them from being found in the search?

Yes, the manager can remove unnecessary translation suggestions from the Editor,

In which situations do multiple translations get created for a string?

They are added if a translators suggests a few translation variants to one string,

If I update a translation as a proofreader, will it normally overwrite the old translation or create a new one?

If you approve the translation → the approved translation will be counted as a main translation to the string. In other cases the latest added translation will be included in the export,

Is there some help documentation to read about this?

In this article about the Editor it is mentioned about ‘‘Translation suggestions’’

Ok, great, thanks! I got made a manager so now I can clean up those extra translations myself.

One more questions! :sweat_smile:

How could I find using search strings that have multiple translations? It’s basically always a mistake if there are more than one alternative translation per string per language, so is there some way to easily find all of those?

And also, is there some way to find unsaved translations? I have been editing a bunch of strings and I’m not sure if I saved all of those. Those have that pen icon to mark unsaved translations, but is there some way to go back and find ones that I have left hanging if I have been editing a bunch of strings in one session?

JaakkoKoivula,

I’m afraid we don’t have such an option you mentioned in your message. Sorry to say so!

Hi @JaakkoKoivula, you can use CroQL for this. For example:

count of translations where (language = @language:"uk") > 1

This CroQL query will return all the source strings that have more than 1 translation for the Ukrainian language.

You can use the CroQL Tester tool to easily test the queries.

1 Like