How can I delete all the translations made by spammer?

Hi everyone! I’ve faced a quite unpleasant issue in my open source project, the translator that I’ve added turned out to be a spammer that added a ton of garbage translations (the man obviously has a lot of free time :D) I know that I can remove some of his “translations” via Activities tab, but that is really the additional and manual work I’d rather not do. is there a chance it can be done automatically? Like remove all his “work” from the project and block him once and for all? I’d appreciate the help!

1 Like

Hi Ted! Yes, there is such an option!

Simply find that user in the Members tab, then double-clink on his username, and there’ll be a “Remove contribution” option. Additionally, it is best to block him.

It will delete all the translations and suggestions he’s done in the project, really hope it helps!

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to work for Crowdin Enterprise. Translations and comments are still there, but after deleting the user is displayed as “REMOVED_USER”. There really should be an option to undo everything a user did in all projects of a workspace.

Happy to see you in this forum! :slight_smile: If you remove user from the project, their contribution remains in the project indeed. To remove it, before you remove/block the person, please do the following:

1. Open “Members” tab;
  2. Right-click on user → Details;
  3. Click “Remove Contribution” button;
  4. Delete translations/comments/approvals submitted by the user;
  5. Block or remove user from the project / organization
2 Likes

I would have done that, but the “Remove contribution” button doesn’t work for me because Crowdin shows 0 contributions for every user. Maybe there’s a bug somewhere…

I’m going to check some additional details from my side, will keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @gerhard

Checked from my side, and it seems only your account (Owner) can’t perform the Remove contribution action, while all others (Admins, Managers) are able to do so :grimacing:

You can be sure that we’ll fix this soon. For now, as a workaround, you can create a separate account and grant it with Admin permission to be able to perform this action or ask another Admin or Manager.

1 Like

@gerhard fix is deployed, can you confirm all is fine from your side?

The contributions are visible now, so that bug is fixed. But I can’t delete the contributions. I guess the problem that owners can’t delete comments hasn’t been fixed. yet.

I was informed that all should be up and running now. Can you follow my actions as well? I’ve made a step-by-step video for you, you should be notified via email. I’ve also sent a weblink to you by direct message.