Crowdin updates remove comments from all translation files

We have a project consisting of hundreds of TOML files, which we localize using Crowdin. In order to make sure every file is in the correct format, we use Taplo, a TOML toolkit, which allows you to pass in schemas like so, without creating new keys that would confuse Crowdin:

#:schema ../schema.json
key = "value"

However, when the updates PR was created, every single schema comment in every translation file was removed.
Is there a way to fix this? These comments are the backbone of our validation system, and they must be preserved.

Hi @TheOnlyTails,

You are welcome to try out the Regex Content Processor app. It helps to modify your files on import (source files) and export (translated files).

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip, I’ve installed the app, but it doesn’t seem to appear in the Intergrations or Tools tab:

@TheOnlyTails ,

The app moved to the Settings tab → File processors. Kindly check the screenshot on the matter below:

Thanks, I’ve found the processor, but I don’t think I’ve configured this export rule in the post-export module correctly:

@TheOnlyTails ,

I’ve tried to reproduce the same behavior from my side, and it seems that the line #:schema ../../../schemas/generated/parameters_translation.json is skipped even during importing the source file into the project, thus it is not exported even when using the app. Could you please check your source file in Crowdin if that string is available there? If not, then you may try the same app but modify the import first so that this string is not skipped during uploading.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

The comment is indeed included in the uploaded source.

@TheOnlyTails,

Let me please check everything on my side once more and get back to you with an update.

Will keep you posted,

1 Like

Hi, just checking in to see if there are any updates, thanks

Hi @TheOnlyTails,

Sorry for the delay! Still need some time to check everything. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update

1 Like

Any updates on this one? I just posted one other issue related to toml, and I’m about to post another- would we be better off migrating to another format?

Hi @gregdan3 , let me check this with my colleague, thank you

2 Likes