Change flag for Belarusian

Hello! I’d like to ask you to change the flag for Belarusian (maybe to «БЕ» letters, like it was done with the flag for Russian)?

The current Belarusian flag is the flag of Lukasenka’s regime, a dictatorhsip that severely hinders the usage and growth of the Belarusian language. It does not represent either most Belarusians or most speakers of Belarusian.

Many Belarusian speakers use the white-red-white flag, which is the flag used by our elected president Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya.

I’ve seen that the flag used for the Russian language has been changed; if this could be done for Russian, this should be done for Belarusian, too.

1 Like

Hello there,

Our developers are currently working on some changes, and we strategically want to replace all flags with symbolic designations.

We made this decision as the flags of the countries do not always correspond to the languages, and you can see the name of the language below the symbol.

I can’t say when exactly the Belarusian flag will be replaced, but this will surely happen.

1 Like

So does it mean - our projects will now stay noncolorful like this forever?

Before it was very readable, now its difficult to navigate

Hi @PixelCells

Yes, all flags will be replaced with symbolic designations. Please let us know if there are specific areas you find particularly difficult to navigate. We’re here to assist you in making your experience as efficient as possible.

It just takes more time to find needed language out of 20 now, as they all looks the same. And we are lucky, having only 20 of them yet. From perspective of UX i’m experiencing worst experience every time i need to communicate with this menu.

Just reminding you how good it was before:

You can think of any language and find it on the picture within 1-2 seconds, bc you remember how flag looks,

When now you need to go all the way through every icon and search for needed word.

Using less UI tools for user navigation is worser.

I understand your case that flag is not always the language, but its not usually the case, mosst popular languages don’t have this problem. So you just made life of 99% users harder bc of 1% users. Solution seems unclear.

1 Like

I understand your point of view and partly agree with you.

However, we often had cases where we received many complaints about the flag, due to various reasons (from inconsistency to certain political motives). Changing flags to symbolic designations solved many sensitive issues.

We really appreciate your feedback, but with all due respect, we have no plans to return the flags, at least for now.

Understandable, thanks for answering