Android Studio plugin update not working

I am using Android Studio with Crowdin plugin and it has been working for several years. I updated the Crowdin plugin to v2.0 and it’s not working any more.

First thing: The v2.0 plugin did not find the configuration file. I renamed the old one which was working. That old one was not compatible with the new one. So i had to adjust it according to crowdin property topic in knowledge base. The plugin gave good feedback of what was wrong with the configuration file. So I fixed all issues.

Then after every issue was fixed I got this error message:

Error from server: 

Nothing more. So nothing is working and I have no clue what is wrong.

This is my configurationg file:

"project_id": "project_id"
"api_token": "my_new_personal_api_token"            #can be found in your project settings page
"base_path": "my_path"

"files" : [
 {
   "source": "/app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml",                              #source files filter
   "translation": "/app/src/main/res/values-%android_code%/%original_file_name%", #where translations live
   "languages_mapping": {
      "android_code": {
         # crowdin expects directories to be like 'values-uk-rUA'
         "de": "de",
         "no": "no",     
         "fr": "fr"         
         }
      }
   } 
  ]

The configuration file I used before was this one:

project-id=my_project_id
api-token=my_api_token
disable-branches=true

If I use this configuration file, then I get this error message:

class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class java.util.Map (java.lang.String and java.util.Map are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
1 Like

Hello @espfro,

Based on the error message you’ve received, it seems there might be an issue with the server connection or the configuration file format. Since the error message from the server is incomplete, it’s challenging to pinpoint the exact problem.

To assist you further, could you please try the following steps?

1. Ensure that your “project_id” and “api_token” are correct and have the necessary permissions.
  2. Verify that the “base_path” is set to the correct path where your project files are located.
  3. Check if any additional error messages in Android Studio’s log could provide more insight.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the full error log from Android Studio, if available. This will help us to diagnose the problem more accurately.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Thanks @Tamara
It was the base_path that was wrong. After fixing the path it worked.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like