Android and iOS localization

Hi. I know Crowdin supports Android and iOS localization within 1 project, but my case is not general and simple to handle

IIn my case, our team is using different placeholders for both file types, so the system can’t match them - they are not considered to be duplicates strings, I don’t see 100% TM suggestions, and all related staff

How can I deal with that?

Good day Max,

Interesting question. I guess you can play around a little, change placeholders format, enable unify placeholders, perhaps do some changes in your app code, and so on, but personally I prefer Crowdin’s API, here’s a good call - on the export you’ll receive android and ios translation
https://support.crowdin.com/api/v2/#operation/api.projects.translations.exports.post

Don’t agree. Unify placeholders option works perfectly, without any additional changes, well maybe it wouldn’t work only in case your placeholders are very very different and weird. With 99% placeholders, it works great.

1 Like

Hey George, well, must say, just checked your proposal, and yes, it worked, thanks, never thought it could be used :sweat_smile:

+1
Placeholders unification works well

It just a [reference choice, API (it also works) or other option

1 Like

Thanks all, I’ll go ahead with API - guess it’s better in long term destination, perhaps I can create a nice CI circle :slight_smile: