This action is not available for account subscription plan

Hello,

I’m on the free plan now. I tried to integrate my Github repo.
But for some reason, the integration kept failing. Here is the log:

Date / Time:

Feb 03, 2023 15:54

Method:

Add Branch (Crowdin Service)

Response:

Details

Url:

https://api.crowdin.com/api/v2/projects/560783/branches

Method:

StatusCode:

May I know how to fix it?

2 Likes

Hello @ineslin,

I’m currently having the same problem with gitlab, did you try to add the integration on another branch than main/master ?

I’m suspecting in free plan you can only use main as the default branch for your integration. Which I think is obviously not okay as you would never/rarely use main as it should be protected and Crowdin is pushing stuff on the branch it seems.

If someone at Crowdin can explain this that would be nice or I’d be curious to know if you fixed your error

1 Like

@EmpoLogh I’ve successfully integrated with not-default branches for several of our Gitlab projects.

I did create the branches myself, though, and only selected it in Crowdin.

So I think the issue for you guys must be something else …

1 Like

Thank you for your answer @jan-hendrik.spieth

Are you on free plan too ? I’ll check again then, but the error is maybe misleading then as it’s

2 Likes

Hello @EmpoLogh @jan-hendrik.spieth

With Free plan, only 1 integration and 1 branch is available in 1 moment of time. Branches are calculated in Content - Files. Here you can find more info Plans, Pricing, and Free Trial | Crowdin

Also, in Free plan you can’t connect self hosted repository (Github Enterprise they call it).

1 Like

Hi all. Yes, as @TiroliTemar said, the Free plan is not the same as Free Trial, and due to the limits, only 1 branch is available for this subscription tier. With proper management, this should be enough to work on simple projects. Here you can read more about Version management → Version Management | Crowdin Documentation

If you need more branches, I’d suggest you check out the Team plan, which offers unlimited branches → Plans, Pricing, and Free Trial | Crowdin

Alternatively, you can apply for open source license (unlimited branches as well) → Open Source License Request Form | Crowdin

1 Like

Hi Dima,

Here is my operation process:

• Deleted an integration first
  • Tried to integrate the same repo with another branch but failed

Technically, there is 0 repo that integrate to Crowdin right?
So I’m not sure why I can’t integrate successfully.

2 Likes

I checked from my side, and it seems you still have a branch in your project (check Project Content → Files). This is why you can’t add new integration because it would bring 1 more branch during connection.

The free plan is limited - 1 branch in the project. Regardless of how this branch is created, manually, by API action, or by integration. If you wish to add a new repository, you need to delete the existing branch first.

2 Likes

It works!
Thanks for your help Dima!

2 Likes

Glad to hear, always my pleasure to assist :wink:

1 Like

Hello everyone, from what I understand, the free plan allows only one integration.
If I wish to create several projects (from 5 to 10) on Crowdin and add GitLab integration to each one, does that mean I won’t be able to do so?
Am I limited to creating just one project with a single GitLab integration?

1 Like

Hi @Dan.tsu ! the limit of one integration means that you can have for example one GitHub repo connected to different projects. But the free plan has also a limit of one branch per account, meaning that only one branch can be selected when configuring the integration

1 Like

Ira, noted, thank you!

So in that case am I right to assume that there is a possibility to connect one branch (from one GitLab repo) to different projects?

1 Like

@Dan.tsu
as another option, you may use GitHub action and upload the files to the root of the project (this way you will avoid the limitation of branches)
as for your question, you may connect any branch to the project (the limit is one per project)

1 Like